Thursday, February 7, 2013

No Worries, No Pressure

I've been sitting here for over an hour trying to decide what to write for my 30 day challenge/goal and have come up with bupkus. Posting to my blog isn't a requirement for the goal but I thought since it was only the 2nd day it would be easier.

Yeah, not so much.

I know what will happen; same thing as always. I'll struggle to write something and then once M is up from her nap the whip of inspiration will hit me. I will then be try to make notes regarding (or even worse try to commit everything to memory) whatever witty prose I come up with until after bedtime at which time said witty prose will sound either completely asinine or will have been completely forgotten and then the page will continue to sit blank.

I have often thought that my muse is evil and devilish because of the times that she chooses to inspire me to write but now I wonder if it's just me. I try too hard to force it out so I get frustrated and when I'm not thinking of it (or my mind is occupied by other tasks) is when the inspiration is able to come flooding out. So maybe, for now, I'm just going to go read - and keep a notebook close by.

Random fact: If two full moons occur in a month, the second full moon is called a blue moon.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Here are some questions for you to answer to help you out. I don't think I'll be able to come up with 30, but I figure if I can at least give you a few, that might help! :)

1. If you could have coffee with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why? What would you talk about?

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did your ideas change? Have you done any of those things? Why or why not?

3. If there was absolutely nothing to hold you back (time, money, circumstances, etc.), what would you do with your life?

4. What of yourself do you see in M? What do you see of J in her?

5. If you could only teach M three things that she would need to help her through life, what would they be? How would you go about teaching those things?

6. Of all the difficult things you have experienced, what are the one or two things/values/people that have had the most positive effect on you? Why?

7. If you were able to go back in time and talk to yourself at any age, what age would you choose? Why? What would you say to yourself?

8. Tell me about a character you've written that you like the best. Why do you like him/her? What do you hope he/she will one day become?

9. What era of history do you prefer to set your stories in? Why? What appeals to you about it?

10. Which fictional female character (movies/tv/books) do you most identify with or do you most aspire to be like? Why?

Kay - if those doing get the juices flowing, I've lost my touch. ;P

Unknown said...

This is pretty much EXACTLY my thinking when I try to blog. I had time this morning but NOTHING...now I think I have something I want to write and whiney mcwhinepants is making fussy noises...silly boy...lol

Celyn said...

Ok - Krista - Seriously, I love you. I am completely copying this list and saving it for when I need a boost.

Chatty Mama - Your boy is so adorable even his whiney fussy mcwhinepants' noises are cute. LOL..