So I sort of stole this post idea from a friend after reading it on her blog. I thought "Self," (yes?) "So much has changed in the last 9 months that maybe you should update people on what's in your head." (Great idea.)
- What was your favorite food when you were a child?
Probably my Mom's pizza or Dad's scalloped potatoes
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
Secrets by OneRepublic
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
May the love hidden deep inside your heart find the love waiting in your dreams. May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays.
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
Indoors - I love to watch movies and cuddle on the couch with J
Outdoors - probably bike ride or take M to the park.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Dusting. Aggravates my sinuses/allergies
- What is your favorite form of exercise?
- What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
Well this is an open ended question...Probably my all time favorite is the week of Christmas.
- What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
- What is your favorite body part?
Um...honestly? My c-section scar. I know most people think that scars are ugly and seek ways to get rid of them but I think mine is beautiful. My daughter came through that scar and because of it I get to know and watch this fantastic little person grow.
- What sound do you love?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Something more exotic with a nickname. Like Caitlin (Cait) or Aurora (Rory)...
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Once I realized I won the money? Faint probably. Once I had the money? Start a college fund for my daughter.
- You have 60 minutes of free time...What do you do?
Hmm...switch around laundry, load/unload the dishwasher/hand wash dishes/bottles, check to see if M's meals for the day are ready or need to be thawed, check to see if formula needs to be made, dust mop the living room and kitchen floors, shower or any sort of combination above...
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
I don't remember. I know I teared up at the Bones and CSI:NY's season finales...but I can't remember a book or movie that I've seen recently that have caused moistening of the eyes...
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done/experienced?
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
Okay - these 2 questions go sort of hand in hand. The hardest thing I've done/experienced is infertility with miscarriages. Hard is not an appropriate term for what it was. It was mind boggling and frustrating and I hated every single moment of it. I even considered seriously giving up. I hated not having control of what was going on and the fact that I couldn't fix the problem sucked. I (along with J because this affected him too) walked away stronger not only as an individual, but as a stronger couple with a stronger marriage. If I can face that and not crumble, I can face anything. I also think the experience has made me a better parent. I look at M and she's just - wonderful. I love her giggle and her smile. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone - the struggle, the longing, the jealousy - but I do think that it's helped shape the parent I know I can be - the parent I want to be.
- When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
Tonight!! I am so blessed with an amazing cook for a husband.
- If you could travel any where in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Hawaii. Hands down. 1st class. Disney Aulani hotel. :)
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Soft serve - chocolate/vanilla twist. Hard - Probably cookie dough (depending on the maker) or waffle cone.
- What was the last movie you watched?
The Hunger Games - not bad, but not the greatest movie I've ever seen either.
Random Fact: The University of Minnesota is older than the state of Minnesota.