Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all.

I didn't think that today would affect me in any way but it has. Not in a major way but it has emphasized the hole that I feel is in our lives. I think that makes sense. I hope that makes sense. I've had a couple of people wish me a Happy Mother's Day and I'm grateful. I mean I know I'm mom to our dogs, and I do alot of the "mom" things around the house...so I guess that makes me a mom? I don't know if being pregnant for such a short period of time and not having it go to term makes me a mom. I've always thought that a mom is having someone who calls you mom. Maybe I'm wrong...

Maybe I'm rambling....


It still hurts a bit -- to see people who are mean, ugly (both in appearance and manners) and downright evil to get everything they want. To see these people who don't appreciate their child(ren) (or at very least don't seem to) and to see people who treat their child(ren) as an accessory. It's gotten easier but there's still a pang of guilt/saddness every once in awhile.

There have been two people that I know that have given birth recently and I'm happy for them. I'm ecstatic for them but in the same breathe I wish it was me.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I thought about you on Sunday and while I don't want to insult you by saying I feel your pain I do empathize with you and am praying that you will one day find a filler for that hole. I truly believe this will turn around for you and am sending hugs from way up here in Canada :)

Celyn said...

I'm so glad we're friends. It's never insulting to have a friend say that in some way - they understand. :)