Saturday, March 12, 2011

30 Day Challenge for Blogs

Ok I admit this isn't a new idea but I think I'm going to try it. Blog for 30 days straight with a predetermined topic. I can do this.

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.

Wow. Let's start off with something easy shall we?

There are things that I dislike about myself. I think everyone has those but I think the one thing I can actually say I hate about myself is that I believe my tear ducts are hardwired to my emotions. I can't seem to experience a "bad" emotion (sadness, anger, hurt, betrayal...etc) without tearing up - no matter how hard I try not to. Infact trying to not tear up usually makes it worse. It bothers me that when I need to have a serious conversation I have to worry if I'm going to need the kleenex. Then I worry that I'm being percieved as weak or inferior because it appears that I can not control my emotions.

Then there are the reprecussions of tearing up, because I feel so bad about it, I usually forget what it was that I wanted/needed to discuss (or my points of view/arguments) or I just want to get out of the situation that I'm in that I just want it to end so I can leave.

Random Facts: A giraffe's toungue is black

No comments: