Friday, March 11, 2011

Ch-Ch-Cha-Changes

"Clouds may come, but clouds must go, and they all have a silver lining. For behind each cloud you know, the sun, or moon, is shining."

Well...if this week hasn't been an interesting turn of events. I've learned a very hard life lesson this week in a very hard way about just how cuthroat some people can be to get exactly what they want and where they want to be.

I will find a silver lining to this situation or more than one. I believe in karma and that it all works out in the end.

It does make me wonder if there is anyone else on this vast planet who is going through the exact same thing that I am right now. Are they feeling the same emotions? Thinking the same thoughts? Is it even possible for 2 (or more) people to experience the same thing in the exact same way? I know that we are influenced by many things so if you aren't influenced by the same things (parents, religious upbringing, moral and ethical beliefs...etc) can you go through something like this, tell another person about it, and have identical (or extremely similar) experiences?

And now the largest questions of all are posed. Where do you go from here? What move (moves) do you make? Which way do you go? What do you want out of this change? What positive can you make of it? I think the answer for me, right now (atleast to some of those questions), is to get my house in order. Physically, mentally, metaphorically, and literally. There are things have gone neglected for a good length of time and that needs to stop happening. So for me, I think, that's step 1 and we'll go from there. I'm going to try and carve out time each day to write something whether it be a blog, a short story, a mind blowing editorial article (lol)..etc - just something. Writing helps me think through and sort things that are flying through my brain...Like right now I feel...more clear headed (and less stressed), which is probably a good thing because I have to go clean the bathroom...LOL...

Random Fact: When giraffes were first brought to Rome in 46 B.C., they were thought to be as big as a camel, with spots like a leopard. Although we've long since learned the giraffe is not a combination of these animals, the name scientific name camelopardalis (which literally means Cameleopard) stuck.

No comments: