Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 9 of 30 Days of Truth

Day 9 - Someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted.

There are a couple of people I think about when I read this topic. The first is S. E. We were gradeschool friends, lived down the road from each other and for a few years, well, we were best friends - despite not going to the same school. It was during that awkward time of growing up when boys and girls were starting to notice each other noticing each other and you couldn't be just friends without rumors starting. It wasn't like that with us, we were just friends and it was simple.

However because life is a constant change, we drifted simply because we were growing up. High school causes so much change within a person it's amazing that we are able to stay friends with anyone during that time. I hated it. It hurt so much because we were so close but I understand now that it had to happen because if it didn't or hadn't we wouldn't have been able to grow as individuals. There will always be a special spot in my heart for S.E. I will always wish the best for him but what happened happened and you can't change the past.

With the other two people, B.G and S.F., family moves caused the drifting and it sucked. These were the people I sat with at lunch, and complained about teachers with. They were half of the group that I had memories from Darien Lake with (B.G was the first person to get me to go on the Viper with) and S.F was my sounding board for the anxiety-ridden thoughts that ran through my head. There are days, when things are horribly bad, that I wonder what would have happened if they had been able to stay, but then I think of all the wonderful things in my life and realize it's not so bad.

The good news is that through the lovely power of the internet (and facebook - thankyouverymuch) I have been able to reconnect with both S.F. and B.G. which is very nice. With regards to S.E., I think it's better to leave somethings in the past and remember the good times when needed.

I guess the bottom line is that things do happen for a reason (yes I just used that line and yes, I still really do dislike that line) but it's true. There is a plan for all of us in the universe and whether we like it or not (or get really frustrated because we have no flippin' clue as to what it is) it's going to happen. Sometimes you just have to have faith and hope that you're making the right choices and if you make a wrong one, learn how to make it right. (Wow...I'm waxing philosophical today.....)

Random Fact: The color of the Sun is actually white.

No comments: