Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 5 - 30 Days of Truth

Day 5 - Something you hope to do in your life.

Yesterday I struggled with my answer to the question and today I feel like I have too many answers but atleast today's blog won't be an all day project (literally - yesterday I started the blog at around 10 in the morning and I finally published it around 11:58pm).

There are many things that I hope to do in my life. The first and most important to me is that I want to be a mom. I want to have a family of my own and I will stop at nothing to get there. No matter what it takes, no matter the amount of pain, no matter the endless amounts of questions without answers -- J and I will be parents some day. I want to be there to kiss my child's bump, or to hug them when they've had a bad day. I want to be the parent who helps out in their classroom and who is active in their school. I want to be able to nuture and raise the next President of the US or the doctor who cures cancer. Maybe our child will be the next teacher of the year...etc who knows! I just know that I want to be a mom! I want to be able to share those endless amounts of cute photos. The first smile. The first step. The first day of school, first date, graduation...etc. I will share them of my family. It will happen for J and I.

The second is I want to live a full life. I don't want to have any regrets that I could have done something about. If I want to go to California, then I will go someday instead of looking back and saying I should have gone when I had the chance. I love to travel, visit new places and see new things. I want to pass that on to my kid(s). I would very much like to go to Hawaii, and I would love to visit all of the Disney Parks. Going to Australia would just rock (though I'm sure the flight wouldn't) and I would love to go see London. I also want to go to see a Broadway play and visit the US's largest aquarium, in Georgia, and zoo, which by exhibit count is the San Diego Zoo in California (the largest by acreage is in Texas, and the largest non-profit is in Pheonix, AZ). I want to be able to say that I've lived.

As for something in the near future, well I've been thinking about getting another tattoo. Just thinking...Haven't even really looked at designs or thoughts about what I want yet - but I'm just - I just feel the urge to do something to mark the change that I feel is happening around me. I'm not even sure what I would get or where I would put it. I mean it took me 26/27 years to get the first tattoo and I made sure that the tattoo would mean something when I got it - it wasn't just a random "Hey let's go!" sort of thing...I really did think long and hard about what and where I was getting it. So we'll see - maybe it's just a phase and I'll forget about it for another 15 years, or I'll just keep thinking about it until I actually do decide what I want, and where I want it.

What about you? What is something that you want to do?

Random Fact:  Turtles can breath through their butts.

No comments: