Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 4 - 30 days of truth challenge

Day 4 - Something you have to forgive someone else for.

Considering everything that's happened in the last week or so this isn't an easy question to answer. I'm not sure if I have a specific answer to this question. I mean do I say I forgive the primary school bully who picked on me in 4th grade? Or how about the people in high school who never quite had time to include me? There are lots of people who did things that hurt me that I'd like to say I forgive them for. So I guess my answer to this truth question is that I forgive all those who have hurt me in the past - whether it was intentional or not.

If there's anything that I've learned so far in life - it's to try not to hold grudges. Note the key word in that sentence is try. I completely understand that there are somethings in life that are harder to forgive than others. I've experienced those things. Being pushed into a situation where you're backed into a corner and you have to pick the lesser evil of the two choices before you isn't fun but you do what you have to do. I believe that letting go of the hurt is harder for a woman than it is for a man. Men can be best friends, get into a fight where they beat the crap out of each other, then 20 minutes later be best friends again. Women on the other hand, remember the exact who, what, where, when, why, and how - which tends to put a damper on things for more than just 20 minutes.

Random Fact: The University of Florida has an emergency plan in case of a sudden zombie attack.

No comments: