Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 15 - 30 Days of Truth

Day 15 - Something or someone you couldn't live without, because you've tried living without it.

Without even thinking this question is the easiest that I've had to answer in 15 days. J. I couldn't live without J. We've been together for 14 years. I don't know how to live without him - I don't know how to be "me" without him. And I know that this is probably the standard "proper" answer but it's the truth - he truly is the other half of me. We were apart for 5 months at one point, and went on a sporadic living situation a little while after that and it was hard. Indescribably hard. It was hard only having a relationship by letter and by phone. I would have to say that by letter is harder because it's hard to tell inflection, tone and full meaning behind a letter (and I have to add that the only way to write a really meaningful letter is by hand - I'm sorry.) atleast by phone when you can talk, you can hear the other person's voice and things can be a little better interpreted.

Now, if I had to pick something other than J, I would have to say probably - the internet because of how well connected it keeps the world nowadays. I mean if you need to look something up, more than likely it's online or you can find enough information to contact whoever or whatever you're looking for. It's made the world a much more diverse place. You could never leave your home and be ok for the most part as long as you have an internet connection. Clothes, food, movies...everything is pretty much available at the touch of a button...

What do you think?

Random Fact: Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you.

No comments: